You visit your cosmetic dentist twice a year for professional whitening treatments. However, you've noticed that you're teeth are starting to look a little dull and yellow in between those professional cleanings. Don't worry. With the tricks provided here, you can keep your teeth looking their whitest in between your trips to the dentist. Here are three simple ways to make your teeth look their absolute whitest.
Try a Different Shade of Lipstick
You might not know this, but the lipstick you're wearing could be making your teeth look discolored. In fact, the wrong shade of lipstick can make a small amount of discoloration look significantly worse than it is. To make your teeth look their whitest, switch to a shade of wine or cherry red lipstick. For best results, go for the brightest red you can find.
Grab a Wash Cloth
Has your morning coffee left you with unsightly stains on your teeth? You don't need to visit your dentist right away. All you need to do is grab a wash cloth and a few ingredients you probably have in your home.
Supplies You'll Need
- Clean wash cloth
- Warm water
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Two small bowls
- Place ½ cup of warm water in one of your bowls.
- Place 2 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide in your other bowl.
- Dip a portion of the wash cloth in the water and wring out the excess liquid.
- Now dip the wash cloth in the hydrogen peroxide.
- Place your finger inside the wash cloth.
- Brush your teeth in a circular motion using the moistened cloth.
- Repeat the process until all your teeth have been cleaned.
Make Your Own Whitening Toothpaste
If you have significant between-cleaning stains, you might want to make your own whitening toothpaste. Tea tree oil is excellent at safely removing stubborn stains caused by coffee, tea and red wine.
Supplies You'll Need
- Small bowl
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 5-8 drops of tea tree oil
- Clean toothbrush
- Small amount of water
- Place your baking soda and tea tree oil in a small bowl.
- Add just enough water to make a light paste.
- Wet your toothbrush and dip it into your toothpaste mixture.
- Brush your teeth as usual.
- Rinse your mouth well with clear water.
You don't want to deal with dull, discolored teeth. Unfortunately, your teeth occasionally get stained in between your professional cleanings. Use the simple tips provided here to keep your teeth looking their whitest. In addition to the at-home whitening options provided here, be sure to visit your cosmetic dentist for professional whitening treatments.